why holey moley?

for some time now i have been looking for an ongoing course in textiles or mixed-media which is flexible enough for me to be able to work on it at my own pace - online is clearly the way to go for me as i can't always get out

i've seen short courses but the time scale is often to short for me or the content is a bit limited - then i spotted Playways on the Thread Studio website http://www.thethreadstudio.com, it seemed to have the flexibility and variety i was looking for ..... but it wasn't running any more!

so i was delighted recently when i spotted that Thread Studio were starting a new 'course': the Holey Moley Club - i had just missed the start date but that didn't matter and i duly signed up

i've been on quite a few workshops and short courses, learning a variety of skills, techniques & approaches, building up my 'toolkit', but i've been looking for some way of pulling things together and applying some of what i've learned in a sustained way rather than one piece of work at a time - i'm hoping that Holey Moley will help me to do that

i don't expect miracles! i know this won't turn me into a fully fledged textile artiste! but i do think that a more structured approach to my creative development will move me along a bit - Holey Moley looks as though it will provide a flexible structure with plenty of stimulation and encouragement from other group members as well as from our 'tutor' Dale

since first coming accross the Thread Studio at Ally Pally a few years ago i have used their website for buying supplies and finding inspiration - i have also followed Dale's work through articles in my 'daily doiley digests' and always found it inspiring - so an opportunity to work under the guidance of someone who's work i admire is very welcome

enough waffle - get on with some holey play!

Comments

Popular Posts