in the caravan - again


a good thing about being in the caravan is that i bring a very limited amount of "stuff" with me now, this means that my attention is focused on what i have with me - it's good for developing handstitched pieces


i have worked a little on my doodle doiley but am currently focussed on an eco-dyed scraps piece which might turn into a book wrap



 i am just enjoying stitching on it in different directions and rhythms - it has become a 'what-if' cloth as i try variations on it












it started with only eco-dyed fabric and thread but i have now introduced some imported colour, i do so love using my variegated threads








and i picked up some vintage doileys on an outing to todmorden, the colour and feel of it seemed to fit so i have grafted on a section and am now working on blending it in

the darker rings are my own take on  this "tatting"...
more to come


as i was adding this section i realised that it creates lots of 'windows' ..... giving me an opportunity to fill some as i choose ... another way of blending it it

Comments

Mo Crow said…
love the layering and textures will be interesting to see what you do with the space in the lace

Popular Posts