POS 2 - blobs.......achieved

 after a long struggle i finally managed some acceptable FME blobs 

i have confirmed for myself that FME will never be my technique of choice, but that i feel able to use it when i need to in a limited way

i really struggled with using the tension stitches for blobs, i find them more useful for linear uses - creating satisfactory blobs on this background with them was simply beyond me, they looked fine on a plain fabric but got lost here

 but i did find that couching yarns and fabric scraps with FME gave me blobs with texture which i liked and felt i could work with 

the hand-stitched blobs were definitely more within my comfort zone and i could have continued to develop more

i also struggled a bit with thread colour on this fabric (a garden dyed piece from my stash), but i think i got there in the end

i almost stopped here


the end result

my favourite blobs

.............i feel relieved

Comments

Popular Posts