POS 2 - continuous line FME

as usual i struggled with designs for these - doodling on paper does not come naturally to me ans that's what these designs called for in order to show the curve using a continuous line 

then thinking about stitching them made me realise that my FME technique is not up to most of the designs - i started making up excuses for avoiding this stage but eventually i decided that this was the coward's way out - so i started with a really simple one which did not require fine control




this turned out to be a good idea as it made me feel more confident about tackling more

it's not as good as i'd like but it's actually better than expected

rather than use a hoop i backed the fabric with some pelmet vilene i had left from an earlier project - i found this much easier to handle - as i plan to turn my samples into a zig-zag book this was OK as it will need stiffening 


Comments

kat said…
Hope you are enjoying Christine's class? I loved the nine squares filled in your first post. It sounds as though, like several of us, you find the FMB element more difficult. A couple of us have found that too, but are persevering, despite the feeling that it is all a bit wild and panicky! I love the way Christine gets us thinking about how to use the machine - we are so used to having a wide palette of stitches and weights of thread with hand embroidery that variation with the machine is quite challenging. I suspect you are approaching whip stitch, cable stitch and feather stitch soon - much fun to be had
stickyfingers said…
thank you Kat - i have found the FME Challenging! it's not something i enjoy, but feel i need to push myself a bit to develop my skills in this area - it will never be my "go to" technique, but i know it's there when i need it

Popular Posts