home at last - we have been away for so much of the spring and summer that i was really pleased to get home a couple of weeks ago - much as i enjoy being away and exploring i also need some home-time to get on with some of the stuff i can't take away with me

my work room has reached such a state of overflowing that i've had to spend some time sorting, tidying and finding space elsewhere - this has the knock on, and distracting, effect of having a clear out in other areas - so i get further from my aim of getting down to tackling my backlog of ideas

then i've got the EG branch evening planning and preparation - i really want to start on some screen printing for the mini-workshop i'm doing in october, but that really needs plenty of work surface - it would be nice to do it outdoors - but i feel that's a bit of a "treat" activity and i 'ought' to do some of the "must-do" stuff first - but then what makes it a "must-do"? ... who cares! i give in

meanwhile i've been playing with some magic feather ideas:
my feathers are a bit fatter than jude's, satin stitch has never been my forte, but it's definitely improving with practise - the blotchy one on the left was my first dabblings at motifs i might like to use ..... i like the way the leaf came out even though it wasn't quite as intended - next was the bottom one on a piece of linen without backing, i'll be adding more to that - then the one for the Magic Feather project on a piece of eucalyptus dyed chambray dress (a dear favourite)


i've made good progress on the calderdale quilters challenge piece:


- initial enthusiasm has inevitably been diluted by me wandering off to other pieces, but that's completely normal for me - i must find a way of using that as a positive

Comments

Popular Posts