whispering white - softly starting



a late snow drowns the daffodils in white and i warmly gather white indoors

white work, more than i thought at first

wedding shirt, small clothweave, layers of white stitch and cloth, 
more layers of cloth stuffed with white, finished and waiting for more
digital white put together
textures, marks and forms in white
the soft snow storm outside mirrors my mental white storm
now i turn to catching it on paper


white-storming


the pace is slower this time, i don't feel the urge to plunge in and begin something, taking my time is good - i am uncertain about where white and i will go - at first i thought "what if i don't do white?"  "why do white?", but that's just me questioning the lead as usual - so i'll go with the flow ... and the flow is gathering me as i gather my whites - somehow the fresh snow falling  has come at the right time for this .... by covering the minimal signs of spring it makes thoughts of white come easily

two days ago the threat of snow was unsettling, threatening plans for an outing and  meeting with my mother, but it held off for just long enough and now it gives me permission to snuggle in 

Comments

Peggy said…
I totally get what you're saying -- I'm not in any hurry either. Maybe it's because we've taken a few classes now and realize there's no race to the finish. I're realized I don't have much white cloth as I usually dye it when I have it. ;) See you.
Nancy said…
It feels so good to read your non-hurried state. I was Trying to jump in and actually accomplish something, but I don't know if that will really work for me. I like that we can all do our own thing.
these images...to stitch them with
gradiated grey threads...would take forever, but.....

Popular Posts