developing sketcbooks - progress




day 3 -  still on session 2, moved on to the images of circles, didn't do as much as I would have liked, but fairly happy with what I achieved

working on the 9 square made me realise that this was too small to take 9, should have done 4 at most even though i often work on a small scale

day 4 -  i didn't expect much of myself with session 3 "no panic drawing", but pleasantly surprised although continuous line sketches with right then left hand looked pretty similar, and so did the ones I did "normally"! at least they looked like what they were, 3 mushrooms an onion and a very small pumpkin -
these were supposed to be drawn staight on to 15x15cm pages, but i prefer a larger area to start on as my drawings get too cramped otherwise, so i used an A3 sheet which was definitely more freeing
as i am 2 sessions behind i didn’t linger long over the drawing - moved swiftly on to the next task



day 5 - on to Session 4, a bit more enjoyable for me although I still didn't give myself enough time to complete - I chose to work on a larger sheet again, with the aim of producing more pages

the last pic was the only one I got around to doodling on - I got into this, but feel I tended to extend from the images in a rather unimaginative way, and that the images chosen held too much detail - so when I tackle other pages I will try to bear this in mind

day 6 - having seen the brief for session 6, i decided to go back to the tasks for sessions 2 & 3 - did some more circle images , again using larger formats, A3 and a long strip

then drew some more circle based objects: cogs, cotton reels, mushrooms and buttons - straight onto pages this time - I just drew them as best i can, for me this course isn't about drawing skills, this was simply about recording the items in a way i could use - afterwards i traced them as well, since I now know what they are to be used for












Comments

Popular Posts