a textile tour

a few days of visiting British Textile Biennial 2021 exhibitions has been a real tonic - the beloved has been incredibly patient and generous, driving us up to Lancashire, around the venues, putting up with less than mediocre food and very little by way of interesting stuff to do for him - all without a single complaint - i am so very lucky



two of the events really stand out for me: the 62 Group "Connected Cloth" exhibition and Brigid McLeer's "Collateral" installation - both addressed the lives of textile workers (and much more) in such powerful terms that i will be processing the impact for some time to come

a lot of the work and themes explored reminded me of how much i have learned about the world of textile production and it's impact in the past few years - how much of our history is tied up with textile production and trading - i wish i could explain this to my friends who see my interest as "doily making"

BTB2021 Programme         

BTB2021 Connected Cloth - My Photos

BTB2021 - Collateral - My Photos

Comments

Popular Posts