i know i've been quiet but......

this is a dress I bought for a few quid in a charity shop as the silk was too good a bargain to miss – while it was still in one piece I thought we should have a rehearsal just to reassure myself that a wedding meringue is not my style - it's 2 sizes too small and precariously held together at the back with paper clips, but you get the idea ….. I think i've proved the point!

 on tuesday 17th april it was the real thing
since it was a leap year I proposed to mick on february 29th, being the prudent man he is he checked that marriage wouldn't affect our finances adversely before accepting and we announced our engagement to my family in march – we decided on a very quiet, no frills wedding with marc and patricia (my brother and his wife) as witnesses – I found it really difficult not to tell anyone but it was a lovely secret to be keeping

 


the “wedding breakfast” was afternoon tea at st michael's hotel with marc and patricia, we had asked to use the summer house if the weather was up to it and it was – mick and I were glad it wasn't hot or sunny and marc took some lovely photos, I even like the way I look on several of them 


we are honeymooning in our caravan in yorkshire....and it's pouring but who cares :-)

Comments

Annet said…
Congratulations!
Jill Dian said…
and congrats from me too

Yes you kept that VERY quiet Eva!There you were merrily printing fabric with a wonderful secret inside. Amazing!


Warm wishes to you both sent from a very damp and dreary Snorbens...

Jill

x
Carole said…
Oh Eva
Fabulous news- wishing you every happiness
lots of love to you both
Carole
xxxxx
liniecat said…
Many congrats both!
Yorkshire rain can be quite magical....especially if you drink enough gin....lol
floozina said…
Eva, that is just the best news I have had for a looong time. Congratulations to you both. I think you look pretty good too. And I hope you have a long and very happy life together, go girl!
hugs
Chris
Mike said…
CONGRATULATIONS! Just got the postcard. Coincidence - this weekend just gone, we booked our Setember holiday in Haworth, about 10-15 miles from where you are now.

All the very best, Mike and Vicki
xxx
jude said…
congratulations to you two!
arlee said…
Congrats Eva! A long and happyhealthy life together!

Popular Posts