a new experience 1 - the beginning



i've had a bit of a novel experience which started with an admission to hospital via A&E and an ambulance - it has been hugely reassuring to be on the receiving end of the brilliant service the NHS can provide - we hear too many horror stories and it was nice to know that the good guys are still doing their jobs

i've been diagnosed with a heart muscle problem (hypertrophic cardiomyopathy late edit: confirmed as Takotsubo Cardiomypathy, but lack of clarity during my hospital stay was a bit of a problem)  and spent 6 days on a cardiac care ward - i've had some good laughs, spent time with some lovely women going through a tough time  and i am really glad to be home - there will be more out-patient appointments and stuff but i will be fine - now i have an even better excuse for not getting up in the mornings!

in the past i have wondered how i would react to really bad news, i think i may have had a taste of that when a doctor told me i was having a heart attack - there didn't seem to be much i could do but sit back and let everyone do their jobs, the only thing i could do to help was relax .... and i think i did

having my heart looked at from the inside (during an angiogram) was really interesting - i was able to see the screen which the doctor was watching while manipulating the equipment and found it amazing that i could actually see what was going on in my own body at that moment ..... wow! the good news was that i wasn't having a heart attack and that my coronary arteries were in good shape - so no need to cut back on the cream cakes!!!

the next procedure helped to confirm that i had a problem with my heart muscle and also showed up a clot inside my left ventricle, but the screen was behind me this time so i couldn't see the images - but at least i could vaguely picture that and it helped me to know that i understood what was going on inside me

i'm going to be using my blog to process what happened over those few days and i hope eventually to put something onto cloth

Comments

deanna7trees said…
sending good wishes your way. take care of yourself.
Mo Crow said…
gosh! may you have many more moons of joy and and wonder and love and art making and oh everything, very happy to see you are still here!
stickyfingers said…
just knowing that all you cloth-mates are within reach makes a huge difference - thank you
liniecat said…
I had an angiogram in 2012 after 2/3 years of an odd back ache.
they found I had a 90% + blockage so had to have an emergency angioplasty there n then lol
I can imagine excactly how you must have felt Treasure!

Popular Posts