stitching again .... at last

almost 8 weeks after my fall and i have finally been able to do some gentle stitching - i have missed it so much - 20 years ago i would never have predicted how stitching has become such a focus for me - family history should have given me more than a hint, but i suppose i didn't expect to have so much leisure time so early in my life - one of the silver linings of M.E.

i wanted to avoid starting up some work which i could manage while my wrist improved as i felt this could be left behind to easily - but in among the reading and postings for CST week 5 i noticed references to making 100 - an idea i rejected as too repetitive, until i realised this was part of my pattern of blocks and also that i could break it down into smaller chunks, allowing more variety and achievable objectives in what i considered to be a reasonable time-frame

this strikes me as a way to contradict my pattern and give me a gentle way back into stitching

  so i'm working around the nine patch idea - 9 small squares on one large one = 10

10 of these = 100

not sure how they will be assembled but that will develop as the squares get made - maybe a book form

at least one square a day = about three months work, in small doses - allows other work to go on - very portable if we are away in the caravan ..... what's not to approve!

started 2 days ago and after an encouraging session with the physiotherapist yesterday i finished 3 squares






100 stitches on each, turmeric dyed silk yarn on recycled cotton sheet



i feel like i'm getting back to normal

this afternoon i'm off to the movies, on my own, for the first time in years ..... really looking forward to that

Comments

Popular Posts