paula's progress 2


I couldn't wait to use some of your fabric so started a very small sample piece with some of the off cuts and a few sparingly used bits. (I don't want to waste any and want to keep the " choice" bits for later ! ) My thoughts were to combine both methods of piecing, torn fabric overlay moving into a small area of randomly cut and turned patching. I am using both methods of stitching in the hope of coming up either with a middle ground or a way in which they work together. Don't think I have got there yet and have over complicated it for myself by throwing everything in at once ! Also working on a small scale does not give the feel that I want which is random fluidity ( get me!) Moving into one or two small very small areas of quiet neatness. I will keep going to see what I land up with.
PAULA



Comments

Popular Posts