november - for remembrance

 one more little piece about remembrance and family, with the added element of Flora - prompted by Cas Holmes' Tea Flora Tales 



i'm amazed at how many options i went through and how much of my stash came out in the planning process, all for a 3" x 4" piece!

almost all the ingredients are reclaimed - the red & white base cloth is a table napkin, so much a part of every family meal - part of laying the table was placing each person's napkin, often beside their special cutlery - i still have my christening cutlery which i used daily until i left home, i still use it regularly now - we also had our own napkin rings or linen napkin pockets - mum still has my napkin ring and it is laid out at my place whenever i visit, with a fesh napkin which i always forget to use - but they are little touches which mean "home" and "family" so deeply







the reverse is less personal to me but reminds me of all the "floral" tisanes taken by mum, gramie and mémé calais - tilleul/lime blossom here, but also verveine, camomile and cherry stalk - yes we used to save cherry stalks for gramie, it's supposed to be good for the kidneys!











moving on now, finally caught an inspiration ...spotted an illustration on the BHF site - i hope they won't mind me using it

it's 4 years since my heart episode, but it is still with me - it's become a part of me as much as the M.E. and my stitching - time for a piece through which i can reflect on that

another dig through the stash for materials .... ecodyes felt right after sifting through other options

so here's the starting point








Comments

Popular Posts