another home gets a window









top window done -i  sampled machine stitching the frame, but it seemed harsh and flat, so decided on couched threads of different weights

doing it by hand is more in keeping with my "folk art" approach, if i had used machine stitch for the windows i would have tried to keep it squared up and not allowed myself the wonkiness

i know i'll never be a fine and accurate embroiderer and a photographic reproduction of the original is never my aim - sometimes it's hard to fight the little voice inside which tells me this should be straighter, neater etc - i know mum and gramie would have tackled this with extreme precision, but i'm not them and their ways don't work for me - it's quite a relief to reject the imperative for perfection at last ....and to acknowledge that it's my choice to do so.... phew!

Comments

Popular Posts