meaning to stitch 10 - connecting threads

 prompted by discussions around current events at MM live sessions, i have been stitching on and with some scraps – this has been done mostly during weekly chat sessions loosely aimed at our responses to disruption and disconnection


so far my selection of scraps, threads and stitching have been instinctive but carried out while reflecting on these issues and family stories connected with them – it has not made much sense until now but has been a sort of intuitive, semi-automatic making of something which seems to sooth my agitated brain


then I read about another group member's piece and what she said about it - this helped me identify my need to reach out and connect with others through stitch – the stitching is partially therapeutic, it helps me to put aside my negativity, like a hot chocolate or chicken soup for the brain – sharing the process and our thoughts about our work brings a sense of connection on a different level to other social contact



so although the little piece looks scrappy and grubby it is important to me at this time, when my mind is full of other people's problems and my own current frustrations – i'm grateful for the peace it brings me


Comments

Leck said…
Hi there: I'm on a quest to rethread someone's past and have been searching for someone with your name, which is not all that common. That led me to your blog and your wonderfully creative work. It would be very apt if you are the person I'm looking for. Hopefully if you respond to this, it will be forwarded to my email. I don't want to post any information here but just to say it's in relation to a Katie from the West of Ireland.
stickyfingers said…
i am delighted that this connection has been made - how very appropriate that this post formed part of the chain

Popular Posts